All of us at Dragonman’s Shooting Range hold safety as our number one priority. We want to ensure the safety of everyone and offer a range everyone feels safe and comfortable at.
Here’s a list of rules we ask all customers using the range to follow to maintain an enjoyable experience for everyone. You can download a printable version here.
4 UNIVERSAL SAFETY RULES
• All firearms are considered loaded at all times
• Always point firearms in a safe direction (downrange, the ground, upward, etc.), until on target and ready to fire
• Always keep your trigger finger straight along the frame until on target and ready to fire
• Always know your target and what is behind it
GENERAL RANGE RULES
• Ear and eye protection must be worn at all times.
• All firearms must be cased before entering the range.
• When shooting, everyone must stay behind the shooting bay or tables.
• Do not come in front of shooting tables or any firearm muzzle while range is hot.
• Every effort should be made for rounds to impact the back stop.
• As a courtesy to the next shooter, be mindful of where casings eject and land.
• You may pick up your own brass. All others that are left behind are now facility property.
• All muzzles must be pointed forward at all times even when range is cold.
• During a cease fire, all slides, bolts or charging handles must be locked open, magazines ejected from firearms, and chambers facing up until RSO calls the range hot.
• Those packing up to leave can only do so when range is hot.
• Firearm Instructors are prohibited from instructing on Dragonman’s Shooting Range, unless they provide their active status credentials and personal liability insurance to be on file and make an appointment.
• Failure to follow these instructions gives Dragonman’s the right to remove individuals from the premises
FIREARM AND AMMUNITION HANDLING
• Keep the muzzle pointed downrange at all times
• During cease fire, absolutely no handling of firearms
• During cease fire, remain back from the tables to reassure RSO’s and others no one is potentially handling firearms while bystanders are down range changing targets
• Use only ammunition safe to use and of proper caliber for your firearm
• Shotguns permitted on the range, no ammo type restrictions
• Incendiary, tracer and steel core ammunition is not permitted on the range. For additional ammunition restrictions, please call the store
• Firearms not in use the range booth must be unloaded and have the action or slide locked back with chamber facing up.
• Drawing from a holster is prohibited unless permission is granted from the owner.
• No bump stocks or slide fire devices allowed.
• Machine guns and rapid fire is allowed as long as firearm is controlled. If unable to handle effectively, shooter will be asked to discontinue use.
• All rented firearms must use ammunition purchased at Dragonman’s Shooting Range, no personal ammo allowed.
• All shooters 18 years of age or older must possess a valid state issued ID or US passport if renting. We may ask to hold car keys as well for a rental.
• You must be 18 years of age or older to use the range unless accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.
• Minors 6 years and up are allowed but must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.
• Shooters must be 21 to rent or possess a handgun or purchase handgun ammo.
• Shooters must be 18 or older to rent and possess a long guns as well as purchase long gun ammunition
• Pregnant women are not encouraged to be on the range unless doctor gives permission and owner or manager discusses with the individual.
• Wear appropriate clothing, closed toe shoes (required) and pants are recommended, no low-cut tops
• Please clean your area if you’re consuming food or non-alcoholic beverages.
• Alcohol, illegal drugs or any other form of impairment is not allowed while on Dragonman’s property. If suspected or we smell alcohol/marijuana, we will decline the individual’s request to shoot at our range.
• Smoking/smokeless tobacco is allowed but only if respectful of those around your shooting area. If not, you will be asked to stop.
• All firearms, unless personal carry, must be unloaded when packing up and leaving the range.
• It’s highly encouraged to bring a staple guns for targets on the wooden pallet stands.
• We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone at any time for any reason
Thank you for your consideration of these rules. Enjoy your time at Dragonman’s Shooting Range!